This homemade muscle soothing lotion reinvigorates sore muscles after a strenuous work out. In a few minutes you will create a homemade muscle soothing lotion that mimics the feeling you get applying Ben Gay or Icy Hot.
First, we’re we will make my “Muscle Recovery” essential oils blend. Let’s get started, you need a 15ml empty glass bottle to mix and store your muscle recovery blend.
Muscle Recovery Blend Ingredients:
- 8 drops Clove
- 15 drops Frankincense
- 15 drops Helichrysum
- 15 drops Copaiba
- 20 drops Nutmeg
- 30 drops Black Pepper
- 70 drops Peppermint
- 75 drops Wintergreen
You can save time and money by using Young Living Essential Oils PanAway blend. This blend includes Clove, Wintergreen, Peppermint, and Helichrysum essential oils. The Muscle Relaxer blend brings more soothing and relaxing heat to the homemade muscle soothing lotion.
Muscle Recovery Oil Directions:
- Remove cap and dropper insert from 15ml empty glass bottle.
- Add all the drops of essential oil listed above, put the dropper insert back on the 15ml bottle and press firmly until it’s seated against the glass.
Now that we have our Muscle Recovery oil blend made, let’s make our homemade muscle soothing lotion.
Homemade Muscle Soothing Lotion Ingredients:
- 180 drops of Muscle Recovery or PanAway.
- ¼ cup favorite unscented body lotion or carrier oil, I prefer fractionated coconut oil
- Empty 4oz container for end product.
Homemade Muscle Soothing Lotion Directions:
- In a small non-reactive metal or glass mixing bowl add body lotion or carrier oil.
- Add 180 drops Muscle Recovery blend or PanAway, this makes a 5% dilution.
- Use a non-reactive metal wire whisk to blend the lotion or carrier oil are thoroughly blended with the essential oils.
- Place the contents of your mixing bowl into your 4oz container.
Application and Benefits:
After you’ve completed your workout apply the lotion over the area that would benefit from easing tension or achiness from your muscles and joints. I use this only anytime I need relief from achy muscles or joints. The homemade muscle soothing lotion got me through the pain of a broken ankle. I use this only when I need relief from achy muscles or joints, this lotion helped me get through the pain of my broken ankle last year.
This blend is both refreshing and warming, and its combination of oils will promote your bodies natural healing process to cut down your recovery time and get you ready to take on your next workout.
Not yet a Young Living wholesale member? Click HERE to become one and save 24%, no strings attached!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.