This homemade lavender makeup remover and face cleanser is something that I use to fight the free radicals that attach themselves to our skin daily.
Sometimes it’s easy to be lazy about removing makeup and cleansing our face. Research shows that using natural remedies like this homemade lavender makeup remover and face cleanser has a positive effect on slowing down or reversing the aging process. (1) Making sure that you remove your makeup and daily skin cleansing is important to having healthy youthful skin.
Free radicals cause the breakdown of healthy collagen, which causes aging of our skin. If that’s not enough, makeup, dirt and oils from the environment can clog the pores while you sleep, which can lead to acne. Acne can be unsightly, annoying, and cause scarring. Because of this, it is critical to make sure the skin is clear of these damaging free radicals before you head off to bed!
Now that I have helped you understand why this important, let’s make a homemade makeup remover and skin cleanser that will both save you money and save your skin!
Containing only five ingredients, this may be one of the easiest recipes you will create. While I, personally, do not need to remove makeup, I use this nightly to clean my skin before going to bed followed by a great homemade essential oils moisturizer.
This homemade skin cleanser helps prevent the signs of aging, too! For this recipe, I recommend you make it right in the container that you want to use. I recommend small glass bottles and jars when possible.
How to Make Your Own Homemade Makeup Remover and Face Cleanser
- 4 tablespoons alcohol free witch hazel
- 2 tablespoons of pure jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- 3 tablespoons purified water
- Use a small glass bowl or other glass container with a tight fitting lid and glass jar, preferably dark brown or blue
- Let’s start by putting the witch hazel into the glass container.
- Next, add the jojoba and V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex.
- Next, add the Lavender essential oil
- Now, add the water to the glass glass container, place the lid on and shake well to blend.
- Transfer mix to a dark brown or blue jar
- To use, shake the jar, then apply a cotton ball or pad, wipe the face gently using the cleanser until all makeup has been removed. Avoid getting this in your eyes.
Not yet a Young Living wholesale member? Click HERE to become one and save 24%, no strings attached!
Alternatively you can pre soak your cotton pads or balls by pouring the cleanser in a glass jar or bowl with a tight fitting lid, then add your cotton pads or balls. This method also reduces clutter and makes it easier when traveling to keep up with your daily cleansing routine. Be sure to squeeze the excess cleanser from the pad back into the container to avoid accidental eye contact.
Follow up with the “Keep Carding Me!” Anti Aging & Wrinkle Reducing Cream this will awaken you with a glowing, youthful face the next morning*.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.